[SOLVED]* 1628: Failed to complete installation - Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Win 7 64

Posted on: Dec 06 2012 Category :Windows > Windows7 Application Compatibility Views: 5195 | Subscribe

Solved : Go to Solution

- I insert DVD and proceed to install "Flight Simulator X - Deluxe Edition" - DVD spins and installation starts, its starts to prepare installation - Then it gets stuck and I get an error: "1628: Failed to complete installation" - I tried compatibility mode with XP and Vista, but nothing. - I tied running all installer files as administrator, but nothing. The game will not install in Windows 7 RC 64-bit  A brief description of my system: - ASUS P6T V2 deluxe motherboard - 6 GB triple channel RAM - Intel 920 i7 1366 CPU - SATA HDD - USB DVD drive - Dual EVGA nvidia 9800 GT OC in SLI FSX installs fine in Windows XP and Vista (32 bit), this is the first time I try on a 64 bit OS. I have read people running this in Windows 7 so I am puzzled. I appreciate any advice and comments.

Error message 1
Error -1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
Error message 2
Error - 1628: failed to complete installation

This error occurs when the InstallShield application is corrupted or is damaged.

• Update your Windows OS.
  • Rename the InstallShield folder inside "C:\Program Files\Common Files\" to InstallShield-bkp ,restart your system and try to install the Simulator game.
  • If the problem is not resolved, then download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework, visit the following MSDN Web site and try to install the game. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa496123
  • If the problem is not resolved, Create a new user with administrator power, log with that username and password, and try to install the game.
  • If the problem is not resolved , then download and install the latest Windows Installer package, in your case download 64bit version. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483

Troubleshooting guide for Microsoft Games: InstallShield Error Messages

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

What Happened next is crazy ... Funz.in

Funz.in

comments powered by Disqus

Get email updates. Virus Removal Tips, News, How to, Threat Alerts.

Leave a comment!

comments powered by Disqus
Get Answers, News and other Updates