How to Clean Boot Windows OS ? Win 7 and 8 OS
Booting a Windows system with basic set of drivers and startup programs is
called clean boot.
This procedure is used to troubleshoot conflicts with software, drivers and Windows update issues.
- Log on to the computer system as Administrator.
- Open System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG).
- Click Start button, type msconfig in the Start Search box or press "Windows button + R" to open "Run" then type msconfig , and then press ENTER.
- Enter the administrator password , if prompted by UAC (User Account Control ).
- Uncheck/clear "Load startup items under "General" tab in msconfig
- Now go to "Services" tab and then click "Hide All Microsoft Services" check box
- Click Disable all, then click OK, click "Yes" when you are prompted for restart.
NB: Revert the changes after troubleshooting. Select "Normal Startup"
Tags: Clean boot, Perform Clean Boot, Windows 7 clean boot, Windows 7 troubleshoot startup,