Windows 2008 is showing error “An unauthorized change was made to Windows” and unable to login to Administrator account, it shows “Preparing your desktop”.
Error Code: 0xC004D401
The security processor reported a file mismatch error.
How to solve 0xC004D401 – An unauthorized change was made to Windows Server 2008?
- Make sure that your have the Antivirus in this system is up-to-date and fully compatible with OS (to latest service pack)
- Reboot the system.
- Disable the Antivirus temporarily.
- Go to %windir%\System32 folder (Normally C:\Windows\System32)
- Locate cmd.exe
- Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
- Enter this command and press enter key.
cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms
- Reboot the computer two times.
(NB: Hardboot if you are unable to reboot normally, take all precautions before hardboot)