HP Print and Scan Doctor (HPPSdr.exe) is a free tool from HP to check and resolve printing and scanning issues. This tool will rectify these common errors in Windows 10 (after upgrade or fresh installation).
Errors: Printer is in Error State, Printer in offline mode etc
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows (Click here for direct download from HP)
- Make sure your printer/scanner is properly connected to your computer , verify the cable.
- Run HP Print and Scan Doctor as administrator.
- Click the Start Button
- Now it will search for connected HP printers and scanners.
- It will list all HP devices connected to the PC, Select the printer you want to diagnose and click Next.
- In some cases the automatic product search method may fail to find and connect to the printer/scanner. Double check your connection (cable) or connect to a different USB port in your computer and click “Connect“.
- You have to select the connection method you are using to connect the printer/scanner to computer. In his example i selected “USB” .
- In the “Finding and Fixing Problems” screen, two buttons, “Fix printing” and “Fix Scanning” will be displayed.
- Select the appropriate button, here i am selecting “Fix Printing“.
- Now the tool will start the automatic diagnostics.
- In most cases this tool will check and rectify all issues. Like Printer spooler reset , Driver check, Device status, Printer queue, Port etc.
- It may recommend some manual action for eg: if the software or driver is outdated etc.