Welcome to Ebugg-i.com

Thanks for coming to Ebugg-i.com.

Ad blocker detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. We need to pay our bills (hosting charges) and we can't do that for free. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website and whitelist our website.
Please disable ad blocker and reload this web page
Close this message

[Answering] Windows Server 2012R2 Failover Cluster error with mounted volumes

Posted on: Jun 28 2014 Category :Windows > Windows Server General Views: 2803 | Subscribe

Hi all,

I've a problem with mounted volume on a WSFC build on top of Windows Server 2012R2, the situation is:

M: is the volume hosting mounting points

disk-1, disk-2, disk-3 are volume mounted on M:SomeFolder

Theese volumes are used by a SQL Server Failover Cluster Instance, but my problem is related to WSFC. I've set dependencies so disk-1, disk-2, disk-3 depend upon H:

If I try a failover of the role "SQL Server" I observe that when the disk come online in the other node they fail with this error:

Cluster resource 'disk-1' of type 'Physical Disk' in clustered role 'SQL Server (ISQL2014A)' failed. The error code was '0xaa' ('The requested resource is in use.').Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it.  Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

If I manually take offline H: and than bring it online and then manually take online all disk (1 to 3) they come online with no error.

I'm going crazy!

Post your comments/solution

Get email updates. Virus Removal Tips, News, How to, Threat Alerts.

Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac and PC

Leave a comment!