HOWTO:Error Code 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect
Microsoft has released an update to resolve these issue.
These issues will be resolved by installing this Windows update :
- Copy Folder Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect
- Trying to rename a folder in Windows 7, getting error 0x80070057
- 0x80070057 Error Message when I click on Send/Receive All
- "0x80070057" error message when you back up files in Windows 7
- Error 0x80070057 occurs when you create an Outlook 2010
- Error 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect. When extracting a zipped file
- 0x80070057 Error when copying files
- "Code 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect" error when you try to display a user's "effective access" to a file
- You use Windows Explorer to display a user's "effective access" to a file or a folder on a file share.
- The file or folder is located on a non-Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB) 3.0 server product.
- You enter a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) folder path. For example, you enter servershare.
In this scenario, the request fails, and you receive the following error message:
“Code 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect.”
This problem occurs because the SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR structure that is returned by the server contains a NULL Owner field when the NetShareGetInfo call returns to Windows Explorer.
Download and install this Windows update from Microsoft to resolve these issues.