[Solved] Windows fatal error 0x8898008d
Event viewer showing this error when i connect to my laptop from my desktop, all remote desktop settings are configured and correct.
The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8898008d)
And the laptop shows remote pc connected message even after the connection is
The remote access is enabled, the user account is correct and able to login, the remote desktop only closes after completing the connection.
How can I solve this problem ?
This issue has been reported several times and the reason could be related to graphics driver. Uninstalling the OEM driver and let Windows use its own GPU driver.
Follow this step to identify driver issue.
- Uninstall OEM graphics driver (for eg: Nvidia)
- Reboot the PC, now Windows will use its own GPU driver
- Now try remote desktop (conncetion should work fine now)
- Reinstall OEM driver again and try remote desktop
- If the connection is not successfull then we can confirm that the issue
is with OEM graphics driver.